Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose Challenge Test
The glucose challenge test is done during pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes i.e. diabetes that develops during pregnancy. It is usually done during 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy but it can be done earlier if the women is at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes or other factors. A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal while a level above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes. Your should ideally get a may a glucose tolerance test after a positive GCT to confirm the diagnosis.
Why Get Tested
- During 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes
- It can be ordered earlier if you are at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes etc
- No special preparation required
What Results of Glucose Challenge Test mean?
- A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal
- A blood sugar above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes
- If the results of your glucose challenge test indicate the possibility of gestational diabetes, your doctor will order a glucose tolerance test to confirm the diagnosis
TechMed Healthcare have been making rapid progress in the field of Hospital Lab Management (HLM) in India. As front-runners in the industry, we associate with hospitals and clinics to offer them complete and the best laboratory support services, including total management of the laboratory services that conform to NABL standards, purchase of equipment, and, absorption and training of lab staff. Our 360 degree approach to the laboratory services management allows our partners to release complete responsibility of the lab division, one of their prime responsibilities, while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of a hi tech laboratory viz., faster delivery of reports, greater revenue through referrals and better investment of time, to name a few. A state of the art lab information system, high tech equipment, qualified and trained staff, adherence to industry standards - have all helped us forge a name in the realm of HLM in India. Our resolute commitment to being prompt and quality driven, is reflected in the host of special services and facilities we offer such as a 24/7 lab service facility and SMART reports that allow for virtual access to patient records and reports, making us the favored choice among our stakeholders.