This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Prima Diagnostics is the result of the union between the Bhima group, one of India’s leading jewelry brands, who are almost completing a century of existence and who are a byword for unmatched ornament quality and best business practices and the founding doctors of Clumax Diagnostics, which in its time, redefined the diagnostic landscape of Bangalore with its focus on quality reports and customer service.Prima Diagnostics is the result of the union between the Bhima group, one of India’s...