You need to provide
This test is for
What is Culture Stool?
Stool culture is a test used to examine the presence of any micro organisms in the stool or feces to identify the cause of any gastrointestinal distress.
Why is Culture Stool done?
- If your doctor suspects any stomach or intestinal infection
- If you experience signs or symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever for a long time
- If you have severe symptoms such as extreme dehydration, or have diarrhea from traveling to another country.
Interpreting Culture Stool results
- A positive result means that there is growth of particular micro organsim in the stool sample, which indicates an infection with that organsim
- A negative result means that there are no abnormal organisms present in the stool sample
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Culture Stool
Frequently Asked Questions about Culture Stool
Q. Does normal stool contains bacteria?
Yes, our gastrointestinal system is home to millions of bacteria. These bacteria help us in digestion. Hence, they are called good bacteria. Sometimes, due to contamination other infectious bacteria enter our bodies causing infection.
With a decade of experience under its belt, Oncquest is known for its excellence in Clinical Diagnostics. From its first avatar as an R&D focused entity, Oncquest has evolved into a reference laboratory in the field of Oncology, and more recently into a multi-platform Pathology Services provider with a core focus in Molecular Pathology and Surgical Pathology Services. Its logistic capabilities and geographical spread makes Oncquest an ideal associate for clinical activities in India. Oncquest’s...