Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Blood Grouping
This test determines your blood group. Your blood type is determined by what kind of antigens your red blood cells have on their surface. The ABO blood typing system groups your blood into one of the four categories: Type A has the A antigen, Type B has the B antigen, Type AB has both A and B antigens while type O has no antigens on the surface. Another factor called Rh is also present on the surface which determines whether blood group is Rh positive or negative.
Why Get Tested
- When you need blood transfusion which may be required in case of severe anemia, bleeding after surgery, excessive blood loss, bleeding disorders
- When you donate blood at a collection facility
- When you become a candidate for an organ, tissue or bone marrow transplant or when you wish to become a donor for transplantation
- During pregnancy to determine the risk of Rh incompatibility
- No special preparation required
What Results of Blood Grouping mean?
- Your blood group may be expressed as A+, B+, O+, AB+, A-, B-,AB- or O-. The positive or negative indicates whether your RBC’ s contain Rh antigen or not
- Results in pregnant women will determine whether she is Rh positive or negative. This will further help in determining the future course of treatment
MEDCIS Pathlabs India Private Limited has emerged as a Clinical Investigation Services provider of world-class healthcare services at affordable costs, in all medical branches. With increased use of global technology in diagnosis, MEDCIS Pathlabs is committed in helping improve the quality of patient care by providing reports that support clinical decision-making for doctors. MEDCIS has build on strategy to deliver integrated testing solutions to our customers. Rather than competing with its clients for physician office business, MEDCIS instead chooses to support clients’ existing test menus by offering highly complex and unique Quality of lab tests, with accompanying consultative support, to enhance their abilities to provide laboratory services. MEDCIS began its operations from November 2010, its timely service and quality reports have helped to spread its presence in everycorner of India in a short span of time. MEDCIS has registered franchises and additionally extended its branches all over India. MEDCIS is providing hospital lab management services to few hospitals. MEDCIS aims to provide clinical results on time reflecting quality, accuracy at affordable costs using world class technology.
Available at Other Labs