What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Preparation for MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Focus Diagnostics Rajajinagar
Shivanahalli Circle - Rajajinagar, BANGALORE
Focus Diagnostics Centre and Speciality Clinics is a private ownership diagnostic center located in the heart of Rajajinagar, HSR Layout Bangalore and was established on February 7th 2010 with the sole aim of providing world class diagnostic facilities and ambience at affordable price that can cater to a common man. Focus diagnostic also has some 40 superspecialist doctors with considerable pedigree practising at its place, who also believe in the same thought of Focus on providing best healthcare at affordable prices. FOCUS DIAGNOSTICS CENTRE AND SPECIALITY CLINICS WAS started with one and sole aim to introduce state of art diagnostic facilities and technology to aid in accurate diagnosis in aworld class ambience at affordable costs. It includes the latest MRI 1.5 tesla 18 channel which is one of the fastest in its segment,Also includes a high end CT scanner,4D ultrasound,Digital X-ray and mammography facilities.Our sole aim is to reach the common man and show that great technology and world class facilities can be used by him too.FOCUS DIAGNOSTICS CENTRE AND SPECIALITY CLINICS has a wonderful and highly skillful team which also includes over 20 superspecialists in their respective fields who practise at FOCUS and give wonderful service to the common man.