MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
This test is for
What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen done?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Focus Diagnostics Centre and Speciality Clinics is a private ownership diagnostic center located in the heart of Rajajinagar, HSR Layout Bangalore and was established on February 7th 2010 with the sole aim of providing world class diagnostic facilities and ambience at affordable price that can cater to a common man. Focus diagnostic also has some 40 superspecialist doctors with considerable pedigree practising at its place, who also believe in the same thought of Focus on providing best...