Content created by
This test is for
What is Ultrasound Obstetric?
Obstetric Ultrasound test is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the fetus inside the womb during pregnancy. It uses high-frequency sound waves to look at organs and structures inside the body. USG obstetrical test is done to monitor the growth of an unborn child, to estimate the age of the pregnancy, to determine the position of the fetus, to determine multiple pregnancies, and to assess for congenital fetal abnormalities. This method plays a vital role in the care of pregnant women. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is minimal ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
Why is Ultrasound Obstetric done?
- To diagnose and confirm early pregnancy
- To determine life of the fetus and age of the pregnancy
- To determine the position of the fetus and placenta inside the womb
- To detect and diagnose any suspected congenital fetal abnormalities
- To determine multiple pregnancy
- To estimate the volume of amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus
- To determine the cervical integrity and check for premature cervical opening or shortening
- To assess the proper growth and general well being of the fetus
Focus Diagnostics Centre and Speciality Clinics is a private ownership diagnostic center located in the heart of Rajajinagar, HSR Layout Bangalore and was established on February 7th 2010 with the sole aim of providing world class diagnostic facilities and ambience at affordable price that can cater to a common man. Focus diagnostic also has some 40 superspecialist doctors with considerable pedigree practising at its place, who also believe in the same thought of Focus on providing best...