NABL, NABH, ISO
What is MRI Pelvis?
An MRI pelvis creates picture of the area between the hips which holds reproductive organs and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Pelvis done?
- To diagnose lower abdominal pain/swelling/infection in the pelvis region
- To detect infertility, uterine fibroids (cyst growth in the uterus), unexplained belly pain in the pelvis region in women
- To find out any injury, trauma or congenital (birth defects) which has damaged lower belly area or pelvis
- To analyze abnormal mass growth/cyst formation/cancer/tumor in the urinary bladder/tract and rectum
Preparation for MRI Pelvis
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
ELBIT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS PRIVATE LIMITED - Queens Road
Queens Road -, BANGALORE