NABL, NABH, ISO
What is MRI AngiogrAPhy For Renal Vessels?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Angiography for Renal vessels helps to view the blood vessels of Kidneys. A contrast material may be injected to produce detailed pictures of blood vessels of the kidney. It uses strong magnetic field and radio waves to create images in detail. The 2D (two dimensional) or 3D (three dimensional) images can be viewed on the monitor and can be printed on the film.
Why is MRI AngiogrAPhy For Renal Vessels done?
- To diagnose renal vascular/blood vessels diseases like renal artery stenosis, aortic disscetion extension, renal vein stenosis.
- To find out renal artery aneurysm (increase in the diameter of the renal artery which causes hypertension, blood in urine, pain and renal infarction)
- To detect renal cell cancer (abnormal mass growth in the cells of kidney)
Preparation for MRI AngiogrAPhy For Renal Vessels
- Inform your doctor and technician if you are pregnant or may be pregnant before the test.
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions like kidney disease or liver disease. Also inform about the medications you’re taking and allergies, especially to iodine-based contrast materials.
ELBIT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS PRIVATE LIMITED - Queens Road
Queens Road -, BANGALORE