NABL, NABH, ISO
What is MR AngiogrAPhy?
The Magnetic Resonance based Angiography is an imaging procedure where magnetic field and radiowaves are used to create a detailed image of the blood vessels and blood flow patterns to diagnose any blood vessel disorders and blockages.
Why is MR AngiogrAPhy done?
- To evaluate any physical trauma or injury to the blood vessels
- To evaluate weak points in blood vessels or aneurysm
- To evaluate blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formation
- To evaluate the presence of any abnormal blood vessels
- To evaluate study of blood supply to tumors (abnormal growths)
- To evaluate congenital abnormalities (birth defects) of the circulatory system
- For planning and checking efficacy of treatments for blockages including stents and grafts
Preparation for MR AngiogrAPhy
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
ELBIT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS PRIVATE LIMITED - Queens Road
Queens Road -, BANGALORE