This test is for
What is MR AngiogrAPhy?
The Magnetic Resonance based Angiography is an imaging procedure where magnetic field and radiowaves are used to create a detailed image of the blood vessels and blood flow patterns to diagnose any blood vessel disorders and blockages.
Why is MR AngiogrAPhy done?
- To evaluate any physical trauma or injury to the blood vessels
- To evaluate weak points in blood vessels or aneurysm
- To evaluate blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formation
- To evaluate the presence of any abnormal blood vessels
- To evaluate study of blood supply to tumors (abnormal growths)
- To evaluate congenital abnormalities (birth defects) of the circulatory system
- For planning and checking efficacy of treatments for blockages including stents and grafts