Overview of CPK
What is CPK?
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
Why is CPK done?
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
Preparation for CPK
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for CPK
The sample type collected for Creatinine Kinase is: Blood
Interpreting CPK results
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
About Dr Remedies Healthcare India Pvt LtdDr.Remedies is a Pioneer in diagnostic and interventional cardiology medical devices. We have robust distribution, sales Channels and support services of medical devices used in diagnostic, interventional cardiology and radiology procedures across southern and North-Eastern part of India. We innovative quality products and process-orientated services to the healthcare industry. We strive to be a strong and reliable partner - for both people and markets and to grow from our own strength. Sharing Expertise is the promise we give. It is a basis for building partnerships with our customers and employees. Through this promise we promote mutual transfer of knowledge and expertise between our customers and our employees. Our Vision to contribute and deliver better health care services has lead to the birth of Dr.Remedies labs a State of the Art Central Clinical Referral Laboratory based at Hyderabad. The primary goal of Dr.Remedies Labs is to establish a chain of Regional Labs across all important cities of the country by providing quality reports, fast turn around Time with Cost Effective Pricing. Dr.Remedies Labs offers complete range of investigations processed by highly skilled doctors and senior technicians to provide efficient, reliable and accurate lab services enhancing quality health care to and all.
Available at Other Labs