NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Transcobalamin
Vitamin B12 Binding Capacity Unsaturated (Transcobalamin), binds and transports vitamin B12 in the circulation. Increased concentrations are associated with patients with myeloproliferative disorders. Decreased concentrations are seen in individuals with Megaloblastic anemia or Transcobalamin deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of gastro intestinal disease like difficolty gaining weight, repeated diarrhea and/or vomiting, dizziness
- If you have signs or symtoms indicative of vitamin B12 deficinecy anemia like pale skin, dizziness, oral olcers, forgetfolness, confusion, rapid heart beat, poor appetite
- If you have symptoms like tingling numbness in hands/feet, muscle twitching
- If you have symptoms of liver disease or history of alcoholism
- No special preparation required
What Results of Transcobalamin mean?
- High levels of transcobalamine are rare and occur due to excessive nutritional supplements or injections
- Low levels of transcobalamine usually indicate megaloblastic anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency which can be due to poor intake in diet, poor absorption from gut like Celiac disease
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).