Calcium Spot Urine
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Calcium Spot Urine
This test is done to evaluate the amount of calcium excreted through kidneys. Your doctor may order this test if he is suspecting kidney disease, kidney stones, bone disease or parathyroid disorders. High levels of urinary calcium may be a sign of hyperparathyroidism, sarcoidosis, milk alkali syndrome, renal failure, idiopathic hypercalciuria etc. Low levels may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease
- If you have signs or symptoms of parathyroid disorders
- In case of suspected kidney stones
- If your doctor wants to evaluate how well your intestines are absorbing calcium
- In case of suspected bone diseases
- No special preparation required
What Results of Calcium Spot Urine mean?
- Abnormally high levels of calcium in the urine usually indicates hyperparathyroidism, milk alkali syndrome, kidney disease, sarcoidosis, idopathic hypercalciuria, renal tubular acidosis
- Low levels of calcium may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, hypoparathyroidism
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness