Test Results & Interpretations
It is frequently ordered as a part of routine physical examination, when your doctor thinks that you have symptoms of liver or kidney disease; sometimes when you have symptoms associated with malnutrition. Frequently, it is ordered prior to any planned surgery to check the nutritional status.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of liver disease like weakness, unexplained weight loss, loss of appetite, dark urine light stool, yellowing of eyes or skin and itching
- As part of liver profile if you have liver disease, alcoholism or you are taking any medicines which affect the liver
- As a part of complete health check up
No special preparation required
- Decreased albumin levels can be seen in low protein diet, liver disease, weight loss sugery, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease
- Increased albumin levels may be seen in high protein diet, dehydration or blood loss
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this test at home?
Currently, there is no home testing kit available for blood albumin testing. However, a testing kit is available for urine albumin test.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More
Available at Other Labs