NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin Profile
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients for human life. Unhealthy eating habits and adulteration of food can lead to depletion of these vital nutrients & limit the ability of our body to fight against infections. This profile is specially designed to test for common vitamin deficiencies especially Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and folic acid.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity, you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin which might indicate vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation which may be due to vitamin B12 deficiency
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin Profile mean?
- Low levels of vitamin B12 may be caused by vegetarian diet, improper absorption from intestine, lack of intrinsic factor
- High levels of vitamin B 12 are rare and may be caused by liver disease or myeloproliferative disorder
- Low levels of folic acid may be caused by malnutrition, chronic alcoholism, folic acid deficiency anemia
- Low levels of vitamin D can be due to improper diet, malabsorption, or decreased exposure to sunlight
Tests Included in Vitamin Profile(3 tests)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B 9
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.