NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
This is a non specific test which helps detect any inflammation in your body. It is usually ordered if you are experiencing fever, weight loss, muscle pain or any symptoms which suggest an autoimmune disorders, arthritis or infections. This test is rarely performed alone, it is usually combined with other tests to determine the cause of symptoms.
Why Get Tested
- When your doctor thinks that you might have a condition causing inflammation like tubercolosis, arthritis, inflammatory bowel diseases or any autoimmune disorder
- When you have symptoms of vascolitis like fever, headaches, poor appetite, unexplained weight loss
- No special preparation required
What Results of Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate mean?
- Moderately elevated ESR occurs with inflammation but can also occur with anemia, infection, pregnancy
- A very high ESR usually has an obvious cause like severe infection, vasculitis like temporal arteritis etc
ESR is a non specific marker of inflammation and is affected by other factors. Therefore, the results are often interpreted with clinical findings and other investigations.
Patient Concerns about Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can the ESR become low as well?
Yes, low ESR can be seen with conditions like leucocytosis, polycythemia, or sickle cell anemia.
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.
Available at Other Labs