Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) scan of the Pituitary Sella is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the the pituitary gland or sella turcica (on which pituitary gland lie).
Why Get Tested
- To detect the problems in your sella (shrunken/flattened pituitary gland)
- To diagnose presence of any pituitary tumor (cancer)
- To find out the cause of hemianopsia (decreased vision)
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Clinrad Diagnostics & Research Centre
ClinRad Diagnostics started with a vision to provide world class diagnostics at affordable prices to all sections of the society. The diagnostic division is well supported by the state of the art laboratory spread over an area of 3000sft in second floor. The lab is equipped with high end equipment and well trained and qualified technical and professional staff, well supported by the board of directors.