Overview of Vitamin B 9
What is Vitamin B 9?
When you have an abnormal complete blood count (CBC) with a blood smear showing large red blood cells (macrocytosis) or abnormal (hypersegmented) neutrophils; when you have symptoms of anemia (weakness, tiredness, pale skin) and/or of neuropathy (tingling or itching sensations, eye twitching, memory loss, altered mental status); when you are being treated for vitamin B12 or folate deficiency.
The sample type collected for Vitamin B 9 is: Blood
Preparation for Vitamin B 9
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Vitamin B 9?
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin
- If you have an abnormal complete blood count and your blood smear shows large red blood cells or neutrophils with more than 5 lobes
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation
- If you are being treated with vitamin B12 or folate therapy
- Folate levels in blood may vary based on your recent diet. Since your red blood cells store 95% of circolating folate, your doctor may order a test to measure the folate level within RBC’s
What Results of Vitamin B 9 mean?
Low levels of folate in the blood may indicate:
- Folic acid deficiency anemia
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Chronic alcoholism
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.
Available at Other Labs