What is Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasma gondii - IgG test detects antibodies in the blood that are produced in response to an infection.
The sample type collected for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
- To help in diagnosis when symptoms of toxoplasmosis appear in pregnant women or immunocompromised people, including flu like symptoms of fever, headache, sore throat, weakness, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
- When an exposure to the pathogen is suspected and symptoms are yet undetermined
- To determine if a person has been previously infected
- To determine if complications are due to an active Toxoplasma infection
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.