What is IGF-I?
The Insulin like Growth Factor 1 or IGF 1 test is usually performed to diagnose a deficiency of Growth Hormone, and in some cases, to diagnose an excess. It is also used to assess the functioning of the pituitary gland, as well as to monitor the efficacy of recombinant growth hormone therapy.
Why is IGF-I done?
- To help diagnose growth hormone (GH) deficiency, when symptoms of growth deficiency and delayed development appear in children
- To help diagnose the conditions in children showing symptoms of gigantism and in adults showing symptoms of acromegaly
- To monitor treatment by growth hormone therapy
- To evaluate pituitary function
- When signs of reduced bone density and muscle strength appear in adults
Preparation for IGF-I
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for IGF-I
The sample type collected for Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 is: Blood
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.
Available at Other Labs