Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
- No special preparation required
What Results of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG mean?
- The presence of HSV1 and HSV2 IgG antibodies indicate previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies , measured by comparing acute samples, indicate and active or recent infection
- Negative antibody test results mean that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to HSV
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.