Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glycosylated Hemoglobin
The HbA1c test gives a picture of the average amount of glucose in your blood over the past 2 to 3 months. Therefore, it monitors blood glucose levels in your blood if you are an already diagnosed diabetic so that the risk of complications related to it can be assessed and prevented. It can also be used to diagnose diabetes and to assess whether you are at increased risk of developing disease or not.
Why Get Tested
- If you are already diagnosed with diabetes to see the risk for complications affecting kidney, eyes, brain and cardiovascolar system
- If you have symptoms of diabetes like increased thirst, increased urination, fatigue
- If you have additional risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, cardiovascolar disease, obesity or family history of diabetes
- As a part of routine health check up
- No special preparation required
What Results of Glycosylated Hemoglobin mean?
- For screening and diagnosis:
If your HbA1c level is below 5.7% - you are normal, at present
If your HbA1c is between 5.7 to 6.4%, you have increased risk of developing diabetes in future (Pre diabetic)
If your HbA1c is higher than 6.5%, you have diabetes
- For monitoring glucose levels: you should aim to keep your blood glucose less than 7%.
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.