Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Blood
This test is used to determine if your blood glucose is normal, to screen and diagnose diabetes and as a part of routine preventive health check up. You should also get this test done if you are pregnant or you are older than 45 years of age and have risk factors for diabetes (like smoking, family history, hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure). Sometimes, it can also be used to monitor treatment in diabetic patients.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic to monitor the treatment
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association recommends that if your blood sugar, 2 hours after a meal is less than 140mg/dl, you are normal at present
- If levels are between 140-200mg/dl, the doctor usually advises other tests like glucose tolerance test or HbA1c since you are at increased risk of developing diabetes
- If the level is above 200mg/dl, you have diabetes
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.
Available at Other Labs