Overview of Calcium Spot Urine
What is Calcium Spot Urine?
This test is done to evaluate the amount of calcium excreted through kidneys. Your doctor may order this test if he is suspecting kidney disease, kidney stones, bone disease or parathyroid disorders. High levels of urinary calcium may be a sign of hyperparathyroidism, sarcoidosis, milk alkali syndrome, renal failure, idiopathic hypercalciuria etc. Low levels may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism.
The sample type collected for Calcium Spot Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Calcium Spot Urine
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Calcium Spot Urine?
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease
- If you have signs or symptoms of parathyroid disorders
- In case of suspected kidney stones
- If your doctor wants to evaluate how well your intestines are absorbing calcium
- In case of suspected bone diseases
What Results of Calcium Spot Urine mean?
- Abnormally high levels of calcium in the urine usually indicates hyperparathyroidism, milk alkali syndrome, kidney disease, sarcoidosis, idopathic hypercalciuria, renal tubular acidosis
- Low levels of calcium may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, hypoparathyroidism
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.