Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Calcium Spot Urine
This test is done to evaluate the amount of calcium excreted through kidneys. Your doctor may order this test if he is suspecting kidney disease, kidney stones, bone disease or parathyroid disorders. High levels of urinary calcium may be a sign of hyperparathyroidism, sarcoidosis, milk alkali syndrome, renal failure, idiopathic hypercalciuria etc. Low levels may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, vitamin D deficiency, hypoparathyroidism.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease
- If you have signs or symptoms of parathyroid disorders
- In case of suspected kidney stones
- If your doctor wants to evaluate how well your intestines are absorbing calcium
- In case of suspected bone diseases
- No special preparation required
What Results of Calcium Spot Urine mean?
- Abnormally high levels of calcium in the urine usually indicates hyperparathyroidism, milk alkali syndrome, kidney disease, sarcoidosis, idopathic hypercalciuria, renal tubular acidosis
- Low levels of calcium may be seen in malabsorption syndromes, hypoparathyroidism
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders andRead More
Call me back.