Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Anti Nuclear Antibody
The ANA test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of systemic autoimmune diseases most commonly SLE. Some examples of the signs and symptoms include fever, rashes, joint pain, sensitivity to light, hair loss etc.
Why Get Tested
If you have signs or symptoms suggesting an autoimmune disorder like
- low grade fever
- bone or joint pains
- skin rashes
- sensitivity to light
- hair loss
- muscle pain
- No special preparation required
What Results of Anti Nuclear Antibody mean?
- A positive ANA test means autoantibodies are present and suggests the presence of an autoimmune disease
- The most common disease associated with a positive ANA test is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- This test may also be positive in Sjogren syndrome, drug induced lupus, scleroderma
- A negative ANA test usually means that the patient does not have SLE
- The results of this antibody should be correlated with other tests like clinical symptoms, other test findin
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders andRead More
Call me back.