Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Helicobacter Pylori IgG
You should get this test done if you have signs and symptoms of an ulcer like recurrent abdominal pain, feeling of fullness, nausea, indigestion, unexplained weight loss. H. Pylori test may be ordered when you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori has been eliminated.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms or signs of infection with H. Pylori infection like epigastric pain, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- If you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori infection has been eliminated
- No special preparation required
What Results of Helicobacter Pylori IgG mean?
Antibody testing detects bacterial antibodies, but does not distinguish a current infection from an old one.
- A negative result confirms no stomach infection
- A positive result means infection and should be confirmed by a stool antigen or breath test.
- Levels between 0-20 units means no significant level of IgG antibody were detected
- Levels between 20.1-24.9 units suggests repeating serological testing within 10-14 days
- Levels more than 25 units means you are positive for IgG antibody and suggests an active infection
Patient Concerns about Helicobacter Pylori IgG
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who is at risk for Helicobacter Pylori infection?
The people who are at a high risk for the infection are: Children People living in a developing country People who live with a person who has an active infection People who live in crowded households People who don’t have access to clean drinking water
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests
Available at Other Labs