Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Digoxin
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
Why Get Tested
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- No special preparation required
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests
Available at Other Labs