You need to provide
This test is for
What is Culture Stool?
Stool culture is a test used to examine the presence of any micro organisms in the stool or feces to identify the cause of any gastrointestinal distress.
Why is Culture Stool done?
- If your doctor suspects any stomach or intestinal infection
- If you experience signs or symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever for a long time
- If you have severe symptoms such as extreme dehydration, or have diarrhea from traveling to another country.
Interpreting Culture Stool results
- A positive result means that there is growth of particular micro organsim in the stool sample, which indicates an infection with that organsim
- A negative result means that there are no abnormal organisms present in the stool sample
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Culture Stool
Frequently Asked Questions about Culture Stool
Q. Does normal stool contains bacteria?
Yes, our gastrointestinal system is home to millions of bacteria. These bacteria help us in digestion. Hence, they are called good bacteria. Sometimes, due to contamination other infectious bacteria enter our bodies causing infection.
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic...