Overview of CPK
What is CPK?
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
Why is CPK done?
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
Preparation for CPK
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for CPK
The sample type collected for Creatinine Kinase is: Blood
Interpreting CPK results
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests
Available at Other Labs