Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes?
This test is mostly ordered as a part of liver function tests; when you have symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching or bone disease like bone pains.
Why is Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes done?
- As a part of liver function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching
- If you have signs or symptoms of bone disease like bone pain, increased frequency of fractures
Interpreting Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes results
- High Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) usually indicates either the liver has been damaged or there is bone disease
- Greatly increased ALP level may be associated with blockage of bile ducts as in gall stones or cancer and in Paget's disease of bones
- Moderately elevated level can be seen in liver diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis and in other conditions like ulcerative colitis, congestive heart failure, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Low levels of ALP may be seen temporarily in blood transfusion or heart bypass surgery
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic...