NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Valproic Acid
A valproic acid test is ordered when someone begins valproic acid treatment . Once a stable blood concentration in the therapeutic range has been achieved, the valproic acid level may then be monitored at regular intervals to ensure that it remains within this range. The test may be ordered when a person's condition does not appear to be responding to valproic acid to determine whether the concentration is too low, the medication is ineffective, and/or to determine if someone is complying with therapy (taking the valproic acid regularly). It may also be ordered when someone experiences a troublesome level of side effects or complications like dizziness, gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, tremors, blurred vision, mood swings, ringing in the ears.
Why Get Tested
- This test is ordered if someone begins valproic acid treatment. Once a stable concentration in the given therapeutic range is achieved, the valproic acid level may then be monitored at regolar intervals to ensure that it remains within this range
- When a person is not responding to valproic acid treatment
- It is also frequently ordered if someone experiences side effects of valproic acid like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tremors, blurred vision, mood swings, hair loss
- No special preparation required
What Results of Valproic Acid mean?
- The therapeutic range for total valproic acid has been established at 50-125 microgram/ml while the recommended range for the treatment of epilepsy is 50-100 microgram/ml total valproic acid
- If the valproic acid result is within the therapeutic range, the person is not having recurrent seizures, mood swings, and is not experiencing serious side effects
- People should not increase, decrease or stop taking their medicine without consulting their doctor
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.