NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
This test is done when you have abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone; when you have evidence of bone disease; when you have high risk of vitamin D deficiency; prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis; and periodically to monitor treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have an abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity
- If you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- As a part of vitamin profile or routine health check up
- Prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis
No special preparation required
- Low level of vitamin D3 can be due to the following causes: if you are not taking a balanced diet, your intestines are not absorbing the vitamin properly, you are not exposed to enough sunlight
- High level may be due to excess supplementation from vitamin pills or other nutritional products
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the rich sources of vitamin D?
The good dietary sources of vitamin D include cod liver oil, milk, fish, eggs and some cereals.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.