NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of H Pylori IgG
What is H Pylori IgG?
You should get this test done if you have signs and symptoms of an ulcer like recurrent abdominal pain, feeling of fullness, nausea, indigestion, unexplained weight loss. H. Pylori test may be ordered when you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori has been eliminated.
Why is H Pylori IgG done?
- If you have symptoms or signs of infection with H. Pylori infection like epigastric pain, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- If you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori infection has been eliminated
Preparation for H Pylori IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for H Pylori IgG
The sample type collected for Helicobacter Pylori IgG is: Blood
Interpreting H Pylori IgG results
Antibody testing detects bacterial antibodies, but does not distinguish a current infection from an old one.
- A negative result confirms no stomach infection
- A positive result means infection and should be confirmed by a stool antigen or breath test.
- Levels between 0-20 units means no significant level of IgG antibody were detected
- Levels between 20.1-24.9 units suggests repeating serological testing within 10-14 days
- Levels more than 25 units means you are positive for IgG antibody and suggests an active infection
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about H Pylori IgG
Frequently Asked Questions about Helicobacter Pylori IgG
Q. Who is at risk for Helicobacter Pylori infection?
The people who are at a high risk for the infection are: Children People living in a developing country People who live with a person who has an active infection People who live in crowded households People who don’t have access to clean drinking water
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.