NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Carcino Embryonic Antigen
What is Carcino Embryonic Antigen?
Your doctor may order a CEA test when you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other cancers like pancreas, breast, lung, ovarian, medullary thyroid prior to starting cancer treatment and then, if elevated, at regular intervals during and after therapy to detect recurrence. Sometimes, this test is also ordered when cancer is suspected but not confirmed – to aid in its detection.
The sample type collected for Carcino Embryonic Antigen is: Blood
Preparation for Carcino Embryonic Antigen
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Carcino Embryonic Antigen?
- If you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other specific types of cancer. It shoold be measured before therapy is initiated and then or regolar basis to evaluate the success of treatment and to detect recurrence
- In cases of suspected colon cancer or lung cancer, it can be used sometimes to diagnose these conditions
What Results of Carcino Embryonic Antigen mean?
- When CEA levels are initially elevated and then decrease to normal after therapy, it means that the cancer has been successfully treated. A rising CEA level is often the first sign of tumor recurrence
- Smaller or early stage tumors are associated with normal or only slightly elevated CEA. Larger tumors have high CEA levels
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.