NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Carcino Embryonic Antigen
Your doctor may order a CEA test when you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other cancers like pancreas, breast, lung, ovarian, medullary thyroid prior to starting cancer treatment and then, if elevated, at regular intervals during and after therapy to detect recurrence. Sometimes, this test is also ordered when cancer is suspected but not confirmed – to aid in its detection.
Why Get Tested
- If you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other specific types of cancer. It shoold be measured before therapy is initiated and then or regolar basis to evaluate the success of treatment and to detect recurrence
- In cases of suspected colon cancer or lung cancer, it can be used sometimes to diagnose these conditions
- No special preparation required
What Results of Carcino Embryonic Antigen mean?
- When CEA levels are initially elevated and then decrease to normal after therapy, it means that the cancer has been successfully treated. A rising CEA level is often the first sign of tumor recurrence
- Smaller or early stage tumors are associated with normal or only slightly elevated CEA. Larger tumors have high CEA levels
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.