NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of tTG IgA
What is tTG IgA?
This test is ordered if your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from celiac disease or any kind of malabsorption. Symptoms of the celiac disease include chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, greasy foul smelling stools, bloody stools, vomiting. Asymptomatic people may be tested if they have a close relative such as a parent or sibling with celiac disease.
Why is tTG IgA done?
- If you have signs or symptoms suggesting Celiac disease like abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, fool smelling stools, vomiting, bloody stools. Other less common symptoms may be bone pains, easy bruising, iron deficiency anemia, weakness
- In children, this tests may be also be ordered if a child has short stature, delayed development, gastrointestinal symptoms
Preparation for tTG IgA
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for tTG IgA
The sample type collected for Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA is: Blood
Interpreting tTG IgA results
- A positive anti tissue transglutaminase antibody IgA test usually indicates celiac disease
- A negative test usually means that symptoms are not likely due to celiac disease. If the person being tested has not consumed any gluten for several weeks or months prior to the test, then this test might be falsely negative
- All antibody tests for celiac disease are usually followed by a intestinal biopsy which is the gold standard for diagnosis of this condition
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about tTG IgA
Frequently Asked Questions about Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
Q. Does Celiac disease go away with time?
No, Celiac disease does not go away. Once you have been diagnosed, you will need to follow a gluten free diet for life.
Q. Can I have oats in my diet?
This is controversial since some practitioners say that oats should be avoided by those with celiac disease while others recommend having oats
About Thyrocare LaboratoriesThyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
User Reviews about Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.