NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Thyroxine - Free
What is Thyroxine - Free?
The Free Thyroxine test is performed to measure the free levels of thyroxine or T4 hormone in blood to understand thyroid functioning.
The sample type collected for Thyroxine - Free is: Blood
Preparation for Thyroxine - Free
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Thyroxine - Free?
- To diagnose various disorders of the thyroid gland and identify the cause, especially hypothyroidism
- When symptoms of thyroid disease appear combined with abnormal TSH results
- To screen newborns for hypothyroidism
- To monitor treatment efficacy while being treated for thyroid disorders
What Results of Thyroxine - Free mean?
- Low T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine (T4) and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.