NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
Why Get Tested
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.