Overview of Helicobacter Pylori IgG
What is Helicobacter Pylori IgG?
You should get this test done if you have signs and symptoms of an ulcer like recurrent abdominal pain, feeling of fullness, nausea, indigestion, unexplained weight loss. H. Pylori test may be ordered when you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori has been eliminated.
The sample type collected for Helicobacter Pylori IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Helicobacter Pylori IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Helicobacter Pylori IgG?
- If you have symptoms or signs of infection with H. Pylori infection like epigastric pain, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- If you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori infection has been eliminated
What Results of Helicobacter Pylori IgG mean?
Antibody testing detects bacterial antibodies, but does not distinguish a current infection from an old one.
- A negative result confirms no stomach infection
- A positive result means infection and should be confirmed by a stool antigen or breath test.
- Levels between 0-20 units means no significant level of IgG antibody were detected
- Levels between 20.1-24.9 units suggests repeating serological testing within 10-14 days
- Levels more than 25 units means you are positive for IgG antibody and suggests an active infection
Patient Concerns about Helicobacter Pylori IgG
Frequently Asked Questions about Helicobacter Pylori IgG
Q. Who is at risk for Helicobacter Pylori infection?
The people who are at a high risk for the infection are: Children People living in a developing country People who live with a person who has an active infection People who live in crowded households People who don’t have access to clean drinking water
Vidhi Labs has started with small beginning with small team of 3 people. All the investigations were done manually. With committed and sustained efforts to improve the quality of services, the laboratory adopted technology-based equipments and processes with continual up gradation. VIDHI LABS achieved another milestone, NABL Accreditation from the year 2013. It is with great pride and pleasure that we take you the journey of technological milestones that we established during the up gradation process of VIDHI LABS. Next step was to expand the services for growth, hence Vidhi Wellness Private Limited was Launched. VWPL is an emerging organization with various services in healthcare and wellness. We are offering Specialized Infertility Diagnosis, Regenerative Medicine as a part of Diagnostic services. Addition of Wellness Projects have made us more strong player in the healthcare field. Slimming, Hair & Skin services are the new venture of Vidhi Wellness Private Limited with the name of PRAVY.