Overview of Digoxin
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
The sample type collected for Digoxin is: Blood
Preparation for Digoxin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Digoxin?
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
Vidhi Labs has started with small beginning with small team of 3 people. All the investigations were done manually. With committed and sustained efforts to improve the quality of services, the laboratory adopted technology-based equipments and processes with continual up gradation. VIDHI LABS achieved another milestone, NABL Accreditation from the year 2013. It is with great pride and pleasure that we take you the journey of technological milestones that we established during the up gradation process of VIDHI LABS. Next step was to expand the services for growth, hence Vidhi Wellness Private Limited was Launched. VWPL is an emerging organization with various services in healthcare and wellness. We are offering Specialized Infertility Diagnosis, Regenerative Medicine as a part of Diagnostic services. Addition of Wellness Projects have made us more strong player in the healthcare field. Slimming, Hair & Skin services are the new venture of Vidhi Wellness Private Limited with the name of PRAVY.