Overview of Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)
What is Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)?
It is usually ordered when you have signs or symptoms of liver damage, liver disease like jaundice, dark urine, nausea, vomiting; when you have evidence of bile duct blockage or hemolytic anemia. Sometimes, it is also ordered in newborns with jaundice.
The sample type collected for Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect) is: Blood
Preparation for Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)?
- If you have signs or symptoms of liver disease like dark colored urine, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue
- As a part of liver function test or routine health check up
- If you have a history of taking excess amounts of alcohol
- If you have been exposed to hepatitis causing virus
- If you have symptoms or signs of hemolytic anemia like pale skin, jaundice, splenomegaly
- In newborns, to monitor neonatal jaundice
What Results of Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect) mean?
- Increased total bilirubin which is mainly unconjugated may be due to hemolytic anemia, transfusion reactions
- Increased total bilirubin which is mainly conjugated may be due to viral hepatitis, drug reactions, alcoholic liver disease, gall stones or any obstruction in the bile ducts
- Low levels of bilirubin are usually not a cause for concern and therefore not monitored
Tests Included in Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)(3 tests)
- Bilirubin Direct
- Bilirubin Indirect
Vidhi Labs has started with small beginning with small team of 3 people. All the investigations were done manually. With committed and sustained efforts to improve the quality of services, the laboratory adopted technology-based equipments and processes with continual up gradation. VIDHI LABS achieved another milestone, NABL Accreditation from the year 2013. It is with great pride and pleasure that we take you the journey of technological milestones that we established during the up gradation process of VIDHI LABS. Next step was to expand the services for growth, hence Vidhi Wellness Private Limited was Launched. VWPL is an emerging organization with various services in healthcare and wellness. We are offering Specialized Infertility Diagnosis, Regenerative Medicine as a part of Diagnostic services. Addition of Wellness Projects have made us more strong player in the healthcare field. Slimming, Hair & Skin services are the new venture of Vidhi Wellness Private Limited with the name of PRAVY.