Overview of Toxoplasma gondii - IgM
What is Toxoplasma gondii - IgM?
Preparation for Toxoplasma gondii - IgM
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Toxoplasma gondii - IgM?
The test is often suggested to a person who has a weak immune system or to a person who has been previously exposed to t.gondii. People with flu like symptoms and a severe brain or eye infection is also suspected to have Toxoplasma gondii.
What Results of Toxoplasma gondii - IgM mean?
Test results which show
• Negative IgM and positive IgG indicate past infection.
• Negative IgM with negative IgG show no previous record of the infection.
• Positive IgM and negative IgG indicate early infection
• Positve IgM and positive IgG indicate current infection or re-activation.