Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Dengue Antibody IgM
This test identifies whether you are infected with dengue virus or not. The common symptoms of dengue infection are high fever, headaches, bone pains.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of dengue fever like sudden high fever, severe headaches or pain behind the eye, joint or bone pains, easy bruising or gum and nose bleeds
- No special preparation required
What Results of Dengue Antibody IgM mean?
- If the dengue IgG antibody test is positive, but the IgM is low or negative, it usually indicates that a person had an infection sometime in the past
- If the dengue IgG antibody test titre increase fourfold or greater between an initial sample and one taken 2 to 4 weeks later, then it is likely that a person has had a recent infection
- Positive IgG and IgM antibody tests indicate current infection with dengue virus
- Negative tests for IgM and/or IgG usually mean that the person tested does not have a dengue infection
Patient Concerns about Dengue Antibody IgM
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. If I have had dengue fever, can I get it again?
Yes, there are four serotypes of dengue virus. So, once you get dengue fever from one serotype, you can get it again from another serotype.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das