NABL, ISO, CAP
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Triglycerides
As part of a lipid profile during a regular medical exam (at least once every five years for adults; for children, at least once between the ages of 9 and 11 and again between the ages of 17 and 21); more frequently if you have risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes or if you are being treated for high triglycerides.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
- If you are taking lipid lowering medicines
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Triglycerides mean?
The triglyceride levels are categorized as:
- Desirable: Less than 150 mg/dL
- Borderline high: 150 to 199 mg/dL
- High: 200 to 499 mg/dL
- Very high: Greater than 500 mg/dL
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide rangeRead More