NABL, ISO, CAP
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Progesterone
This test is ordered during an infertility assessment of a women, to determine the specific time of ovulation, when symptoms like abdominal pain and spotting suggest an ectopic pregnancy. It can be periodically done during pregnancy to determine placenta and fetal health.
Why Get Tested
- If a woman is undergoing infertility screening or treatment
- If there are symptoms suggesting ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage like abdominal pain, bleeding
- If a woman is in a high-risk pregnancy to monitor placental and fetal health
- If there is abnormal uterine bleeding
- If there is a need to induce ovolation for infertility treatment
- To track ovolation
- No special preparation required
What Results of Progesterone mean?
- High progesterone levels may be seen in ovarian cysts, molar pregnancies, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ovarian cancer
- Low progesterone levels may be caused by lacks of periods, miscarriage, death of baby inside the womb or ectopic pregnancy, decreased ovarian function
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide rangeRead More