NABL, ISO, CAP
Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
What is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG?
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
The sample type collected for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG?
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
What Results of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG mean?
- The presence of HSV1 and HSV2 IgG antibodies indicate previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies , measured by comparing acute samples, indicate and active or recent infection
- Negative antibody test results mean that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to HSV
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide range of pathology services that fit the needs of an individual. Moreover, we have the expert team of pathology specialists and the technologically advanced infrastructure to help meet individual needs.