NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Blood
This test is used to determine if your blood glucose is normal, to screen and diagnose diabetes and as a part of routine preventive health check up. You should also get this test done if you are pregnant or you are older than 45 years of age and have risk factors for diabetes (like smoking, family history, hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure). Sometimes, it can also be used to monitor treatment in diabetic patients.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic to monitor the treatment
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- Give your blood sample 2 hours after the start of a meal.
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association recommends that if your blood sugar, 2 hours after a meal is less than 140mg/dl, you are normal at present
- If levels are between 140-200mg/dl, the doctor usually advises other tests like glucose tolerance test or HbA1c since you are at increased risk of developing diabetes
- If the level is above 200mg/dl, you have diabetes
Patient Concerns about Glucose - Postprandial Blood
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are there any other conditions except diabetes which can lead to increased or decreased blood sugar?
Other conditions except diabetes which can lead to increased blood sugar levels are: stress, chronic kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, cushing syndrome, drugs like steroids, anti depressants, epinephrine, estrogen, phenytoin Other conditions which can lead to decreased blood sugar levels are: hypothyroidism, liver disease, starvation
Q. Can I test myself at home to monitor the blood sugar level?
If you are not diabetic, you don’t need to measure your blood sugar at home. If you are already a diabetic, you can buy a home glucose monitor called as a glucometer to check your sugar levels regularly.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More