Overview of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
What is Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
The sample type collected for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
What Results of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
Cellcare lab is a privately owned independent laboratory located in Ahmedabad that provides Surgical pathology, Cytology, Hematology, Microbiology and clinical pathology under direct supervision of experts in individual areas. Our dedication for high quality, competitive, real time, convenient and responsive service makes Cellcare lab the ideal source for reliable diagnostic services. Unlike many large commercial laboratories, Cellcare specialize in multiple areas of expertise in diagnostic laboratory medicine and has proficiency in all aspect of pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical processes with smart use of innovative technology and human touch. Cellcare represents strength of subject experts with their wealthy experience on national and international platforms as specialist in leadership role.