Overview of Digoxin
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
The sample type collected for Digoxin is: Blood
Preparation for Digoxin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Digoxin?
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
Cellcare lab is a privately owned independent laboratory located in Ahmedabad that provides Surgical pathology, Cytology, Hematology, Microbiology and clinical pathology under direct supervision of experts in individual areas. Our dedication for high quality, competitive, real time, convenient and responsive service makes Cellcare lab the ideal source for reliable diagnostic services. Unlike many large commercial laboratories, Cellcare specialize in multiple areas of expertise in diagnostic laboratory medicine and has proficiency in all aspect of pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical processes with smart use of innovative technology and human touch. Cellcare represents strength of subject experts with their wealthy experience on national and international platforms as specialist in leadership role.