NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Vitamin D (25-OH)
What is Vitamin D (25-OH)?
This test is done when you have abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone; when you have evidence of bone disease; when you have high risk of vitamin D deficiency; prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis; and periodically to monitor treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
The sample type collected for Vitamin D (25-OH) is: Blood
Preparation for Vitamin D (25-OH)
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Vitamin D (25-OH)?
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have an abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity
- If you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- As a part of vitamin profile or routine health check up
- Prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis
What Results of Vitamin D (25-OH) mean?
- Low level of vitamin D3 can be due to the following causes: if you are not taking a balanced diet, your intestines are not absorbing the vitamin properly, you are not exposed to enough sunlight
- High level may be due to excess supplementation from vitamin pills or other nutritional products
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.