NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
It includes tests like TSH, total T3 and total T4. These tests are done to screen for and diagnose thyroid disorders. You should get this panel done if you have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like weight loss, nervousness, tremors or hypothyroidism like weight gain, constipation, fatigue, cold intolerance. They can also help to diagnose and monitor infertility problems in women. If you are already taking anti thyroid medications, these tests are helpful in monitoring thyroid replacement therapy. High levels of TSH while low T3 and T4 levels indicate hypothyroidism while the reverse is true for hyperthyroidism.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of low levels of thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) like weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, constipation, fatigue
- If you have symptoms of high level of thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism) like weight loss, anxiety, increased heart rate, tremors in hand, diarrhea, puffiness around the eyes
- As a part of thyroid profile or panel
- If you are pregnant and have thyroid disorder
- For neonatal screening
No special preparation required
- Low T4 and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine (T4) and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are there any other factors or conditions which can affect my TSH levels?
TSH levels can be affected by: A.Pregnancy B.Liver disease C.Estrogen D.Drugs like aspirin, steroids E.Extreme stress F.Acute infections
Q. Is there anything which I can do to raise or lower my TSH?
TSH does not respond to lifestyle changes. The important thing is that the pituitary and the thyroid gland are healthy and working together to produce appropriate amounts of thyroid hormone.
Tests Included (3 tests)
- TriIodothyronine Total
- Thyroxine - Total
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.