MRI Cervico-Dorsal Spine With Contrast
This test is for
What is MRI Cervico-Dorsal Spine With Contrast?
An MRI cervical dorso spine creates images of the cervical and dorsal regions (neck and upper back region) of the vertebral column along with the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why is MRI Cervico-Dorsal Spine With Contrast done?
- To detect the cause of any unexplained back pain
- To detect fractures, inflammations, or infections of the vertebral bones not visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect and diagnose herniated disk, which is the commonest cause of back pain
- To detect malformations or genetic defects (birth defects) during spinal development in children
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like muscle, and ligaments of the spine
- To diagnose any suspected osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
- To diagnose cervical degenerative disc disease, neck pain, stiff neck
- To find out upper neck bones wear and tear or compression of intervertebral discs
- To detect any dislocation of the craniovertebral junction (CVJ) or fracture of the upper cervical vertebral bones
- To determine presence of tumor/cyst/abnormal mass growth originating from cervical bones or its surrounding soft tissues.
Welcome to the Agra Diagnostic Imaging Research Centre's official site! Here you will find information on all the scans we perform, both internally and externally, as well as schedules and policies, and the latest announcements so you always know what new we can offer. You can request to register for any scan or test through our online form, and of course, don't hesitate to contact someone from our trained team should you have any questions.We at Agra Diagnostic Imaging Research Centre value...